- WEBINAR: March 31 (12pm – 1pm EST). Thanatechnology and its role in coping with grief. 1 CE available.
- WORKSHOP: April 14 (12pm – 7:30pm EST). The Big Picture: Prolonged Grief Disorder Therapy Principles & Procedures. 6.5 CEs. Register now.
- WORKSHOP: April 28-29 (12pm – 7:30pm EST both days). Practice-Focused Training in Prolonged Grief Disorder Therapy. 13 CEs. Register now.
- NEW: PGDTWeb – A self-paced, online training in PGDT’s 7 signature principles and procedures. 8 CE hours. Learn more.
Research. Training. Collaboration. Compassion.
Grief after pregnancy loss
In this webinar, participants will learn about a nested case-control study to investigate potential risk factors for developing prolonged grief disorder in patients following pregnancy loss. The study aims to further characterize the grief trajectories experienced by patients. Participants in this webinar will receive an overview of the study design and learn about the work of the perinatal loss social work team at Northwestern University. Dr. Ryan will elicit constructive feedback from participants for clinical practice considerations.
- Discuss the current literature on perinatal loss and grief
- Describe the study purpose and rationale, design, and procedures
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the study
Dr. Isa Ryan is a Complex Family Planning Fellow at Northwestern. She is currently pursuing a Master of Science degree in Clinical Investigation at The Graduate School at Northwestern. She completed her OB/GYN residency at Johns Hopkins.